Friday 4 November 2016

Do you know "Mr. 10:10"?

Blog-1
Certificate Distribution Day 
Students with their Paper made Chinese Lanterns during Origami Art class
Hey Guys!!! A big hello to all of you out there. Since it is my first blog so it's somewhat difficult to think over that particular thing out of multiple stuff flowing simultaneously into my mind to talk to you. So, having finally decided, instead of talking in this first one, I want to ask you about the identity of Mr. 10:10 as I was completely unaware of these so called "great inventors" having existed around us for so long but unnoticed. Following this I want to tell you a small incident during my first internship with a non-profit organisation named "VOICE4Girls".

It was in June this year when I worked as an intern for this non-government organisation from Hyderabad. It works for marginalised adolescent girls and hopes to bring significant and apparent changes in them. It provides them with education about "being a girl" and various state of affairs related to a girl along with basic English. It was a hot summer afternoon proving every inch of my passion to work as a "COUNSELLOR" to those who live for some gain every minute in their knowledge as they get little chance to interact or at least speak before their elders. Girl's interruptions or even small disappointments with family members proves her to be a stubborn and uncultured child. But here there was no point of judgement for these little girls to express their own thoughts as the whole programme was conducted only for them.

The class was over for that day and we were all talking about things related to each other's lives to get to know other girl's world that was surely different from me and others as well. I was with my 29 kids due to whom I got privilege of being called a teacher, a counsellor or may be a magician especially having a super power to change someone's life, suddenly my one kid named Anjali Soni, very inquisitive one, asked me " Why there's always a time display of 10:10 in every watch or clock we see in advertisements or posters?"

Seriously I have been a studious kid since my childhood as grew up in a home where my father himself is a teacher. So, I read the answer to Anjali's question in my father's school magazine named "Arunodaya" once when he brought the magazine to home after the commencement of a new year. And now this day, my reading saved my reputation before her that luckily I had the answer to this little girl's question. I told her the following two reasons I read in the magazine:
1. When time is 10:10 in a clock, it simply shows a smile as well as victory so it's an affirmative symbol.
2. And also it's simple to display the manufacturer company's name along with watch's brand name.
Hopefully all of you who didn't know the answer knows it now as my kid understood it well.

But she was somewhat disappointed with my answer and asked me if  I was sure. I further gave her the references but then she told me that Mr. 10:10 (or Mr. Ten-Ten) were two brothers with this surname who invented watch so they were honoured with a time display of 10:10 on each and every watch after the world noticed their great work. When I further asked her the references for this answer, she told me that this reason was told by her teacher of English in her school one day which was located in her small village. I was shocked and highly disappointed with this stupid answer. But told her to forget this false one as there were no such so called "great inventors" and made her to go with the logical answers only.

That day I felt myself really lucky for not having such a false educational base through which the nation's youth is undergoing somewhere. But most importantly, that teacher who didn't even care before telling these illogical stuff to innocent children is the part of the greatest disappointment in this regard. It's fine not to know the answers to every question but to tell wrong things puts you with a  shame inside and outside as well. This incident proved to a little but unsubstantial scenario of education in the country where the teachers themselves don't feel their crucial role responsible for enlightenment of children's future and puts on humiliation to those who truly work for it at the same time.

Dear all the readers reading this out there, please contribute your little time to those who are the building blocks of this "Digital India" during this so called "Women Empowerment" age, by just giving your little time to those who seek for education and talk to them about things and watch out if there are any flaws out of it and provide them with basic and spotless knowledge. Children want your help more than rupee one or two after purchasing a particular product from a luxurious shopping centre. So, basically it's my special urge to all to think and contribute a bit towards the "logical and true" education unlike others who think for their livelihood only even at the cost of a noble object such as education.

With Regards,
Kaminee V. Singh.

3 comments:

  1. I imagine if everyone change thoughts then situation can be a lot good.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😁😁 I am the one and only witness to your "VOICE4Girls" stories!!

    p.s. keep up the good work!😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😁😁 I am the one and only witness to your "VOICE4Girls" stories!!

    p.s. keep up the good work!😊😊

    ReplyDelete